Before venturing out, make sure all recreational equipment, footwear and clothing are clear of soil, debris, and plant material.
Hiking, mountain biking, boating, and trail-riding with motorized equipment can be a blast but unfortunately, it can also be a means to invasive species spread. Good news is - prevention of this is fairly simple. Cleaning your recreational equipment before moving it to a new boat launch or trail head can help ensure that the natural areas you love stay free of invasive species.
Clean Recreational Equipment On Site!
Hikers and Bikers:
- Stay on designated roads and trails
- Drive over obstacles and avoid cutting switchbacks to prevent trail damage
- After riding, dry-brush your ORV to remove soil and seeds
- Brush off your pant-legs and footwear, and pull off any sticking burs or seeds
- Before riding on another trail, wash your ride at home and be sure to hose off the undercarriage
- If not first heading home, stop at a car wash between sites